Presenting at SQLSaturday #196 Copenhagen
I am presenting at the first SQLSaturday event in Denmark, with my session “Create a metro style dashboard using Excel and PowerPivot”.
First of all I think the community has done a great job to bring the SQL Saturday concept to Denmark, and hope that the event can become such a success that we can do it many times. Sharing knowledge and learning from the SQL Pass community is really a great opportunity for all SQL professionals.
My session will focus on how to use Excel 2013 to build a dynamic dashboard in the Metro Style look and feel based on a Powerpivot model.
I will demonstrate
- How to build a PowerPivot model
- How to extract data and values from the PowerPivot model using the Excel CUBE functions instead of using pivottables
- How to create dynamic sets to get the latest periods
- How to create a parameterized DAX table
- How to design a metro style chart
- How to create Metro Style KPI boxes in Excel
I am really looking forward to my first speaker session and hope that the session will bring new learnings to you.
See you at SQL Saturday #196